Username: Password:

Author Topic: Betamax [credit based/paid]: to Worldwide mobile numbers  (Read 8331 times)

Bluesman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • goText
Betamax [credit based/paid]: to Worldwide mobile numbers
« on: October 20, 2009, 12:06:46 am »
Description
This service is to send messages using the commercial SMS messaging services sold by Betamax.
This company has a number of VoIP providers listed here (the list could be not updated):

Those websites have varying rates for each country supported, you can check the most suitable for you here or on them directly.

There is no real limit imposed by the service, nor by the script, you can send as many messages as the credit you bought allows, and recipient numbers can be mobile phones from all over the world.

Registration
You have to be registered on a Betamax website (through website itself or with an application) and you should purchase some credit.

Configuration
Create a new service in goText with the following address:

In order to send SMS through your Betamax website account, you should check that the HTML SMSLink is active on that website. For example Voipbuster.com has it.

To configure the service in goText you have to fill in the following service configuration fields:
  • Username: your Betamax website account username
  • Password: your Betamax website account password
  • Nick: <registered phone number with international prefix>_<Betamax website>

In the Nick field, you can set the sender of your SMS and the website you are using.
An example let you understand better:
  • Username: user123
  • Password: pass123
  • Nick: +17081111111_voipbuster.com
This send the SMS with that number as sender with a voipbuster.com account.

In order to use a sender of your SMS, you have to verify it from the Betamax website control panel.

Messages can be up to 160 characters long.

Service features
  • Service replies in english

Service status
Working

Service author
Blues-Man
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 12:08:19 am by Bluesman »

Tigerix

• View Profile
Re: Betamax [credit based/paid]: to Worldwide mobile numbers
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 09:40:02 am »
Hi bluesman,

The following characters: "ß %&+ÄÖÜäöüE" are received as empty characters on my mobile phone, when sending them with GoText.

To check where this issue derives from, I have tested sending this text as Betamax SMS-URL with my browser and noticed that it doesnt work either. So the problem is an encoding issue on the behalf of Betamax.

Finally I found the correct encoding to make it work.
Could you possibly add a function to convert the following characters?
(Or send me the script so that I can try to edit it myself?)

Thanks very much in advance!
Tigerix.

"%" => %25
"ß" ==> %1E
"space" ==> %20
"%" ==> %25
"&" ==> %26
"+" ==> %2B
"Ä" ==> %5B
"Ö" ==> %5C
"Ü" ==> %5E
"ä" ==> %7b
"ö" ==> %7c
"ü" ==> %7e
"€" ==> "E" // Otherwise this will eat up 2 characters and might brake 160 char limit.

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
Re: Betamax [credit based/paid]: to Worldwide mobile numbers
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 08:26:52 am »
Hi bluesman,

The following characters: "ß %&+ÄÖÜäöüE" are received as empty characters on my mobile phone, when sending them with GoText.

To check where this issue derives from, I have tested sending this text as Betamax SMS-URL with my browser and noticed that it doesnt work either. So the problem is an encoding issue on the behalf of Betamax.

Finally I found the correct encoding to make it work.
Could you possibly add a function to convert the following characters?
(Or send me the script so that I can try to edit it myself?)

Thanks very much in advance!
Tigerix.

"%" => %25
"ß" ==> %1E
"space" ==> %20
"%" ==> %25
"&" ==> %26
"+" ==> %2B
"Ä" ==> %5B
"Ö" ==> %5C
"Ü" ==> %5E
"ä" ==> %7b
"ö" ==> %7c
"ü" ==> %7e
"€" ==> "E" // Otherwise this will eat up 2 characters and might brake 160 char limit.

Hi Tigerix,
thanks for you detailed information. Bluesman is busy, and will be busy for the next few days, and I don't know Perl enough to make this change.
If want to look at it yourself, and share the result, you can find the source of the script on our SVN repository