Username: Password:

Author Topic: FishText [commercial]: to Worldwide numbers  (Read 5688 times)

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
FishText [commercial]: to Worldwide numbers
« on: January 12, 2010, 10:14:29 am »
Description
This services is to send messages using the commercial SMS messaging services sold by FishText.

You can send messages as long as you have credits on your Fishtex account.

The cost of each message depends on recipient's carrier (on FishText website you can find a detailed list of supported countries and costs).

The maximum length of a message is 459 characters, with a maximum of 5 recipient per message.

The sender of the message is customizable with the number you registered with your account.

Registration
Go to the FishText website, click Register, and fill in you mobile phone number.
In a matter of seconds you'll receive a SMS message with a PIN you need to put on the website for confirmation. Once confirmed you'll be asked for a password for your account.

Once registered you'll get 30 €cent of credit for free, to try the service.

Once this free credit ends you have to top up using a credit/debit card, Paypal or Google Checkout.

Configuration
Download the "Fishtext" Xml Service file (do right click => "Save target as"), and add it inside goText++ Desk! in Service screen.

To configure the service in goText you have to fill in the following service configuration fields:
  • Username: put the telephone number registered on FishText along with your own international country code (with the leading + sign).
  • Password: your account password

Service features
  • The remaining credit is synchronized after each message sent. The value shown is in the currency used in your account, even if the application shows "€".

Additional features
  • Real delivery reports on each message sent are automatically triggered some seconds after each send is completed, and also manually in the "Additional Features" menu
  • Account balance synchronization is now also available for a manual activation in the "Additional Features" menu, and is automatically executed when the service is configured correctly

Service status
Working

Service author
Bluesman, Zydio
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:42:29 pm by Zydio »

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
Re: FishText [commercial]: to Worldwide numbers
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 02:47:47 pm »
I've updated the service to finally feature real delivery report thanks to the Additional Feature possible in goText++ Desk! v0.9.3.

With delivery reports enabled you'll now receive, in a couple of seconds after the send is completed, the delivery status of the last message you sent (and optionally also the status of those previously sent)!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:51:33 pm by Zydio »

Azi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 03:20:12 pm »
I've updated the service to finally feature real delivery report thanks to the Additional Feature possible in goText++ Desk! v0.9.3.

With delivery reports enabled you'll now receive, in a couple of seconds after the send is completed, the delivery status of the last message you sent (and optionally also the status of those previously sent)!
zyido can you do this delivery report for mobile application please??

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 03:24:20 pm »
"Real" delivery reports can't be achieved in the current midlet version.

If we ever get to release version 3, which is supposed to use xml service, we will.

If you simply want the old-style delivery reports for previously sent messages (like O2 Ireland midlet service), it is possible, I'll do it when I have time to.

Azi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 04:10:21 am »
"Real" delivery reports can't be achieved in the current midlet version.

If we ever get to release version 3, which is supposed to use xml service, we will.

If you simply want the old-style delivery reports for previously sent messages (like O2 Ireland midlet service), it is possible, I'll do it when I have time to.
how is that (02 irland midlet service) i never check. is this service for Pakistan. i think for this service should have this sim but i don't have sim