Username: Password:

Author Topic: Vodafone Ireland [600 sms/month]: to Worldwide numbers  (Read 7848 times)

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
Vodafone Ireland [600 sms/month]: to Worldwide numbers
« on: July 25, 2010, 12:04:59 pm »
Description
With this service you can send 600 free SMS each month to all countries numbers.

Message can be up to 470 characters long, and the message is delivered as a maximum of 3 concatenated messages.

Registration
You have to have a Vodafone Ireland SIM card to use this service.
Register your Vodafone Ireland number on Vodafone Ireland's website.

Configuration
Copy the "Vodafone Ireland" Xml Service link (do right click => "Copy link"), and add it inside goText++ Desk! in Service screen, using the Service Web Link field.

To configure the service in goText you have to fill in the following service configuration fields:
  • VF Ireland Mobile Number: put the Vodafone Ireland sim telephone number you registered on Vodafone Ireland website (without Irish international country code, with the leading "0")
  • Pass: put the password of your Vodafone Ireland account

Service features
  • Counter of remaining messages synchronized with the website
  • SIM card credit synchronized with the website
  • Monthly count of messages
  • Multiple recipient supported (up to 5 recipients)

Important Note
The send of a message with this service takes at least 8 seconds because the service has to wait a few second during the send or goText would be blocked by anti-bot code on Vodafone Ireland website.

Vodafone Ireland SIM card info:
  • Credit on the SIM card will last for a total of 12 months from the last top up, but the last 6 months of the 12 total you can only receive calls.
    If you don't want to loose your credit and keep the sim alive you simply need to top up at least once every 12 months.
    You can top up from Vodafone Ireland website with your credit card, or using a local Vodafone top up vocheur if there is a Vodafone operator in your country.
    Sources: credits FAQ and top up from abroad FAQ on Vodafone Ireland website.

Alternative Vodafone Ireland service with numbered split messages

Description
With this service you can send 600 free SMS each month to all countries numbers.

Message can be up to 1395 characters long, and the message is delivered in up to 3 distinct message (each of which made up of 3 concatenated messages) starting with the part number (es: "(1/2) This is the first part of a long message"... ).

Configuration
Copy the "Vodafone Ireland - Custom Split" Xml Service link (do right click => "Copy link"), and add it inside goText++ Desk! in Service screen, using the Service Web Link field.

To configure the service in goText follow the same instructions as those of the standard service.

Important Note
The send of a message with this alternative service is slower compared to the regular service, and takes a minimum of 8 seconds to a maximum of 30 seconds if you write a long message.

Service status
Working

Service author
Zydio

Thanks to revivo who reported the service in the Italian forum, gave infos and access to the website to make the service.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 05:50:51 pm by Zydio »

newone

• View Profile
Re: Vodafone Ireland [600 sms/month]: to Worldwide numbers
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 06:45:11 am »
Will anyone make a script for this service to be used on goText application? Looks cool.

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 08:59:55 am »
Will anyone make a script for this service to be used on goText application? Looks cool.

I was going to make the service for the midlet but I currently lack access to the website.
I'll resume the work as soon as I can get access to the website again.

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 01:09:50 pm »

I was going to make the service for the midlet but I currently lack access to the website.
I'll resume the work as soon as I can get access to the website again.

The service is now available for the midlet too, and this one for goText++ Desk! has been updated/fixed and also doubled by an alternative version with split parts numbered.