Username: Password:

Author Topic: SMS Global [credit based/paid]: to Worldwide numbers  (Read 6597 times)

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
SMS Global [credit based/paid]: to Worldwide numbers
« on: August 14, 2010, 10:29:22 am »
Description
This services is to send messages using the commercial SMS messaging services sold by SMS Global.

There is no real limit imposed by the service, nor by the script, you can send as many messages as the credit you bought allows, and recipient numbers can be mobile phones from all over the world.

You buy credits, and each message costs a different number of credits depending on the recipient's country and carrier (on SMS Global website you can find a detailed list of supported countries and costs).

The maximum length of a message is 612 characters, with a maximum of 1 recipient per message, with customizable sender id.

Registration
Go to the SMS Global website, click Sign Up, and fill in your details.

Once registered you'll get 25 credits for free, to try the service.

Once this free credit ends you have to pay to top up.

Configuration
Create a new service in goText with the following address: http://www.gotext.org/pub/all-smsglobal.php

To configure the service in goText you have to fill in the following service configuration fields:
  • User: the username of your SMS Global account.
  • Pass:  the passwordof your SMS Global account
  • Nick: the customized sender of the message.

Service features
  • Returns remaining credit in various currencies after each message sent (this seems to not work and will not work for the time being, until someone with an account on this website doesn't help to fix it)
  • Service replies in English and Italian

Important Notes
  • This service in goText initially shows the message left as "100", that is 100 daily messages. Obviously this is a fake information, the only thing that matter is your account balance, that you can see after each SMS sent.

Service status
Working

Service author
Zydio

ilovetyson13

Re: SMS Global [credit based/paid]: to Worldwide numbers
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 09:00:03 pm »
how o i put this as my service

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
Re: SMS Global [credit based/paid]: to Worldwide numbers
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 02:44:21 pm »
how o i put this as my service
There's a short explanation on the first post, but you can also find a full guide on how to configure goText and add services on the Info page.