Username: Password:

Author Topic: O2 Ireland [250 sms/month]: to Worldwide numbers  (Read 62948 times)

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
O2 Ireland [250 sms/month]: to Worldwide numbers
« on: December 21, 2008, 05:28:20 pm »
Description
With this service you can send 250 free SMS each month to all countries numbers.

Message can be up to 1000 characters long, and the message is delivered as concatenated messages.

Registration
You have to have a O2 Ireland SIM card to use this service.
Register your O2 number on O2 Ireland's website.

Configuration
Create a new service in goText with the following address: http://www.gotext.org/pub/all-o2ireland.php

To configure the service in goText you have to fill in the following service configuration fields:
  • User: put the O2 sim telephone number you registerd on O2 Ireland website
  • Pass: put the password of your O2 Ireland account

Service features
  • Monthly count of messages
  • Counter of remaining messages synchronized with website
  • Service replies in English and Italian

Advanced service features

• Delivery report for previously sent messages.

There are two ways to know the delivery status for messages sent with O2 service, in goText:
    • Nick mode: writing a keyword in the Nick field, in O2 service configuration: in this way, every time you send a message with O2 service, you'll receive the status of last sent messages along with your current message send report in service reply. You set it once, and enjoy the feature always.
    • Fake message mode: Writing only a keyword as text of a new message, and make a fake send to whatever number you like: the message is not really sent, you only receive a reply in goText with a list of sent message status. This is an on demand mode.

There are two keywords available:
    • status: to get the delivery status for the last 3 sent messages in "Nick field" mode, or the last 10 messages in "fake message" mode
    • last: to get the delivery status for the last sent message in both modes

Summarizing, if you want to receive the status of the last 3 sent messages every time you send a new message with O2 you simply have to write "status" keyword in "Nick" field in service configuration.

Even if you didn't set the Nick, but you want to read the status of the last 10 sent messages, you can write a new message with only the "status" keyword, put a fake mobile number as recipient, and select send. In a matter of seconds you will receive a reply with the required informations.

Note: in "fake message" mode you will read "Data error" as short service reply, and the requested infos in detailed service reply. It is normal, and behaves this way by design.

• Monthly message left - display and synchronization on demand

Using a simple keyword you can synchronize your monthly remaining sms counter on goText without sending a message.
    Select O2 service, write a message with only the credit word, put a fake recipient number (whatever you want it will not be used), and hit send.
    You'll receive in some seconds a text reply from the service telling you the remaining credit, and it will also be synchronized in goText.

Note: you will read "Data error" as short service reply, and the requested infos in detailed service reply. It is normal, and behaves this way by design.

Service status
Working

Service author
Zydio
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 12:01:13 pm by Zydio »

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
Re: O2 Ireland [250 sms/month]: to Worldwide numbers
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 06:04:16 pm »
I've released an updated version of the service to support a new advanced feature: the delivery report for previously sent messages.

This feature is optional, you don't have to use it to send messages, but..it is a nice and handy addon  ;)

If you already have this service installed you have to use the "Update" feature on O2 service in service list, to be able to see the optional "Nick" field do use the "Nick mode".

simonsoft

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 01:01:51 pm »
nice one!!! it worked. im from philippines and have o2 ireland sim 7/22/09 lol

simonsoft

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 01:07:04 am »
Zydio:

after using the gateway by a week or so, i got "website error". After logging to main o2 ie website, it prompted me "maximum allowed login reached- account locked. Contact representative to ....".

Any clue?

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 07:51:29 am »
Wow, I've never seen this error message, neither all my friends having O2 sim card & using goText!
Are you sharing your account with some friends? Maybe if they see too much logins from too many different ips they block your account...
I don't know.

Anyway I think you'll be able to find someone helping you to solve this issue on O2.ie official forum.

simonsoft

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 05:28:39 am »
Hello:

maybe u dont understand..

Im using the public gotext url, not midlet. Im using php curl, with useragent set to mozilla and the ip is fixed to use my website ip.

The last log on my curled o2 #, is "website error" - produced by the gotext url, the public wrapper for o2 ireland.

So, i tried to login to o2.ie and i get a prompt that the account is locked due to attempts of logging in. So far, no one know my pasword or number coz its embeded in curl, cant be viewsourced in normal pc browser. And the file itself is zend encoded.
  I now use another set of o2 ie #, cant ask for help to the o2 website coz i get the sim as freeoffer only.

So im asking if the public wrapper do unecessary processes? Coz the prompt in o2 main site as i percieve is, maybe im repeatedly attempting login? But i havent used it often.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 06:05:02 am by simonsoft »

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 09:51:03 am »
The O2 script code on gotext.org server should be the same as the one you can find on SVN for download.
Anyway I've just got the gotext.org script off the ftp and at the end of this post you can find the full code ( I had to split code in 2 posts, 'cause it was it didn't fit max forum message length).

Using the midlet or another script to make curl requests is just the same.
But...why don't you get the script off the SVN and put it in the same server you're using to send the curl requests?
You would also have a performance gain!

Back to your problem while logging in into O2.ie , I can tell you that the problem you are having happens to people also not using goText, just google around.
And I think you can post in O2 forums even if you have no special contract, it should be a public forum.

Code: [Select]
(..code deleted to cleanup thread after simonsoft has read it..)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 06:45:02 pm by Zydio »

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 09:51:30 am »
(..code continues from previous post..)
Code: [Select]
(..code deleted to cleanup thread after simonsoft has read it..)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 06:45:39 pm by Zydio »

simonsoft

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 11:09:31 am »
Theres no prob with the code, no offense if my post aired doubt.
i cant host one, coz my cpu limit is vital (hosting a wap/web chat)
I was pointing if the function calling itself is lengthy that it can be noticed by o2., as of now my 2nd # is locked again, i have 55 sms sent since my earlier post up to yesterday, i dont do continous sending. Today, it was locked :(

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 11:33:13 am »
No offense man, I just wanted to remember you and everyone that one of the beauties of goText is that you can get the source of everything and put it on your server (for services) and recompile (the midlet), so you can customize everything and/or don't have to fear anything (well actually you shouldn't even if using goText.org  ;) ).

What function calling itself are you talking about? There's no recursive function in this script.
I don't know why your accounts get locked, maybe O2 blocks account sending too many messages to specific countries (yours?)? Or accounts sending more than X messages in Y days?

Fortunately this never happened to me nor to my friends, so I don't know what's wrong!

PS: I'm gonna delete the script code posted to clean up a bit this thread, it is difficult to read right now

simonsoft

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 08:16:29 am »
maybe..  ??? i use it to sms my bro in qatar.. not so often, maybe 3x in a day or so.

CyBeRaY

• View Profile
[Feature request] O2 Ireland
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 04:47:07 pm »
Can you add a command (like STATUS command) that will show us only the remaining credits? That would be very useful.

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
Re: [Feature request] O2 Ireland
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 08:39:53 am »
Can you add a command (like STATUS command) that will show us only the remaining credits? That would be very useful.
What's the use of a such command?  ???

CyBeRaY

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 09:24:59 am »
What's the use of a such command?  ???

-SMS counter sometimes (especially when sending messages longer than 160 chars and to multiple recipients) updates wrongly. So after a few seconds we can learn how much "actual" credits we have left.
-I use the script on a simple web SMS form I made and it is not possible to view remaining SMS since it has no SMS counter like goText has. The only way to view the remaining credits is to send a text message and see it in the service reply which costs me 1 SMS  (only to view my remaining credits!) :(

If u add this command I'd be very very very grateful!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 09:32:29 am by CyBeRaY »

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 12:34:27 pm »
What's the use of a such command?  ???

-SMS counter sometimes (especially when sending messages longer than 160 chars and to multiple recipients) updates wrongly. So after a few seconds we can learn how much "actual" credits we have left.
That's due to O2 Ireland website that often is not updating SMS counter in real time, but updates it after some second or even minutes.
It's not a script bug

-I use the script on a simple web SMS form I made and it is not possible to view remaining SMS since it has no SMS counter like goText has. The only way to view the remaining credits is to send a text message and see it in the service reply which costs me 1 SMS  (only to view my remaining credits!) :(

If u add this command I'd be very very very grateful!
Ok I'll do it if I find some spare time.