Username: Password:

Author Topic: FishText [credit based/paid]: to Worldwide numbers  (Read 14157 times)

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
FishText [credit based/paid]: to Worldwide numbers
« on: December 28, 2008, 02:42:54 pm »
Description
This services is to send messages using the commercial SMS messaging services sold by FishText.

There is no real limit imposed by the service, nor by the script, you can send as many messages as the credit you bought allows, and recipient numbers can be mobile phones from all over the world.

The cost of each message depends on recipient's carrier (on FishText website you can find a detailed list of supported countries and costs).

The maximum length of a message is 459 characters, with a maximum of 10 recipient per message.

The sender of the message is customizable with the number you registered with your account.

Registration
Go to the FishText website, click Register, and fill in you mobile phone number.
In a matter of seconds you'll receive a SMS message with a PIN you need to put on the website for confirmation. Once confirmed you'll be asked for a password for your account.

Once registered you'll get 30 €cent of credit for free, to try the service.

Once this free credit ends you have to top up using a credit/debit card, Paypal or Google Checkout.

Configuration
Create a new service in goText with the following address: http://www.gotext.org/pub/all-fishtext.php

To configure the service in goText you have to fill in the following service configuration fields:
  • User: put the telephone number registered on FishText along with your own international country code (with the leading + sign).
  • Pass: your account password

Service features
  • Returns remaining credit in various currencies after each message sent
  • Service replies in English and Italian

Important Notes
  • This service in goText initially shows the message left as "1000m", that is 1000 monthly messages. Obviously this is a fake information, the only thing that matter is your account balance, that you can see after each SMS sent.

Service status
Working

Service author
Zydio
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 09:55:55 am by Zydio »

Sipper

• View Profile
Fishtext
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 02:26:04 pm »
There seems to have been a problem with Fishtext this past week - after hitting send, the application simply times out but doesn't send. Has anyone else noticed this?

I've tried Fishtext's native application, and at least on one occasion that worked, so it seems like the problem wasn't with their service being down.

egosum

• View Profile
Re: Fishtext
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 09:19:30 pm »
Maybe the website has changed.
I cannot help, I do not have credits on Fishtext.
Hope that Zydio or Bluesman have, but I think not.

If you know how to sniff the data exchanged between the browser and the server you could attach them here.

Mip104

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 05:10:56 am »
I had problems from the first with this site!

Sipper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 08:34:17 am »
If you know how to sniff the data exchanged between the browser and the server you could attach them here.
I don't - but maybe if someone told me how.

Of course I could also ask Fishtext themselves if they changed something, provided that helps.

marcoro_2000

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 11:52:25 am »
I've no problem, I'm sending with mobile and desktop application but I've a personal server to use with midlet. Which error have you?

Sipper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 12:42:06 pm »
It got stuck when sending the message, and at some point timed out. I'm afraid that I don't remember if there was some sort of message in the end (those are the best error reports, I know ;) ). I'll post an update if it happens again, but it is good to know that others aren't having the same problem, so I'm hopeful it's no permanent issue.

marcoro_2000

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 04:00:15 pm »
I think there are two cases:
1) a momentary overload of server (gotext or fishtext) and so you have to wait some minutes and then re-try to send message;
2) fishtext has banned gotext servers, then you have to wait Zydio or some of dev team.

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 09:54:54 am »
It got stuck when sending the message, and at some point timed out. I'm afraid that I don't remember if there was some sort of message in the end (those are the best error reports, I know ;) ). I'll post an update if it happens again, but it is good to know that others aren't having the same problem, so I'm hopeful it's no permanent issue.
We had problems with some services hosted on our server in the last few days, which should have been sorted out yesterday.
Please tell us if Fishtext is working properly again for you Sipper!

Sipper

• View Profile
Fishtext?
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 02:56:00 pm »
I had a Fishtext thread running which miraculously disappeared, so I'm opening a new one. ;)

Basically I just wanted to post an update that the problem still persists. The error message I'm getting when trying to send an SMS is: "Error in service answer"

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
Re: Fishtext?
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 03:01:00 pm »
It has not disappeard, it has ben merged with the official Fishtext service thread :P  ... and the same will happen to this thread when I'm sure you've read this post. If there is an official thread you should use it, not create a new one.

By the way the Fishtext service stopped working one week ago because of some technical problems on our server, that we should have solved today.

Can you please try again now?