Username: Password:

Author Topic: SMS with Yahoo Messenger  (Read 12599 times)

sulh4n

SMS with Yahoo Messenger
« on: June 08, 2009, 06:01:24 am »

Mr.white_tiger can you make script for free sms from Yahoo Messenger, because Yahoo also can send sms to Mobile  phone number. please mr_white tiger...
im sorry if my english is bad because im from indonesia and i cant speak english....

cornicsoup

Re: SMS with Yahoo Messenger
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 11:19:49 am »
great idea~ and the number of SMS u can send from yahoo messenger is unlimited... :)

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 02:36:20 pm »
There's already a Yahoo Messenger service for goText..did you try it?

cornicsoup

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 03:16:38 pm »

I tried... But I think that service can only send messages to YM users, not to mobile numbers...

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 11:21:57 am »

I tried... But I think that service can only send messages to YM users, not to mobile numbers...

*if* the service is still working, you should simply write your friends mobile number instead of his yahoo nickname as recipient of your goText message, and it should work.
I can't try myself because my country (Italy) is not supported as sms destination.

cornicsoup

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 12:08:12 pm »

*if* the service is still working, you should simply write your friends mobile number instead of his yahoo nickname as recipient of your goText message, and it should work.
I can't try myself because my country (Italy) is not supported as sms destination.

When I added this service, it returned: with this service you can send unlimited chat messages every day to "Yahoo Messenger Users". And when I tried to use a mobile number as recipient, it returned: Wrong recipient. So I assume this service doesn't support SMS feature... 

It doesn't matter though, I rarely use it.

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 04:58:34 pm »

When I added this service, it returned: with this service you can send unlimited chat messages every day to "Yahoo Messenger Users". And when I tried to use a mobile number as recipient, it returned: Wrong recipient. So I assume this service doesn't support SMS feature... 

This service was designed to support nicknames, so you must use a trick to write recipients, as explained in the official service thread I linked you above.
To send messages to a mobile phone you have to use the same trick...so if you friend's number is "00351234567" you have to use as recipient "00351234567@example.com"!

cornicsoup

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 01:47:12 pm »

This service was designed to support nicknames, so you must use a trick to write recipients, as explained in the official service thread I linked you above.
To send messages to a mobile phone you have to use the same trick...so if you friend's number is "00351234567" you have to use as recipient "00351234567@example.com"!

Oh, I see. Sorry I didn't read it carefully~

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 12:16:11 pm »

Oh, I see. Sorry I didn't read it carefully~

So..does it work for you this way?