Username: Password:

Author Topic: Professional XML tutorial !  (Read 4900 times)

Mip104

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Professional XML tutorial !
« on: June 15, 2010, 06:04:53 am »
Hi,

Is there any professional XML tutorial in internet that can used for the XML services, so it can be done something with the javascript codes? any books ?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 06:06:59 am by Mip104 »

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
Re: Professional XML tutorial !
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 08:20:34 am »
You will never find such tutorial because XML by itself can't deal with javascript, but it can't deal with http requests or variables or sms websites.

Xml is a generic format used to describe whatever one likes.

The Xml Service Format is a specific set of tags and attributes that we use to describe sms website&services, but you will not find documentation about it outside gotext.org, because .. I created the Xml Service Format! And all things you can do with it are possible only because there is a program specifically made to read the xml services, interpret them as a series of steps and connections to execute, which result in a sms being sent.

You can do whatever the current Xml Service Format enables you to do, and you have to use some imagination when there are tricky websites..and for tricky websites you don't need to find a Xml tutorial, you need to have a better knowledge of HTML and Javascript to exactly understand what the website does to use your imagination to let the xml engine through the Xml Service do the same.
It may not be possible at all with the current Xml Service Format...in a such case I can extend the format to support a new feature/capability, but only when I think that the new feature can be of help also with other services. And a javascript parser will never be part of the standard ;)

I hope to have been clear  :)

Mip104

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Professional XML tutorial !
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 10:19:02 am »
Thanks a lot for the comprehensive explanations, right I have also searched a lot but the XML used for goText is a bit different from the original one ;)

One should be an explorer to understand what the codes are going to do :D

Thanks again