Username: Password:

Author Topic: sassytoll.com and <input type=checkbox  (Read 6676 times)

Mip104

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
sassytoll.com and <input type=checkbox
« on: May 06, 2010, 09:22:04 am »
Hi,

How can we check a check box through the xml code? it does not have a name and a value, it is such below:

<ul class="rlbList">
<li id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_RadListBox1_i0" class="rlbItem"><input type="checkbox" class="rlbCheck" /><span class="rlbText">Name1</span></li>
<li id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_RadListBox1_i1" class="rlbItem"><input type="checkbox" class="rlbCheck" /><span class="rlbText">Name2</span></li>
<li id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_RadListBox1_i2" class="rlbItem"><input type="checkbox" class="rlbCheck" /><span class="rlbText">Name3</span></li>
</ul>
<input id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_RadListBox1_ClientState" name="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_RadListBox1_ClientState" type="hidden" />

And how can we check the related checkbox through finding the Name where the recipient type is and id  not a phone number?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 09:03:02 am by Zydio »

Mip104

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: <input type=checkbox
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 10:29:22 am »
Thanks for the response of the identifier vs. id topic.

I checked it and the $rcpt_list shows the identifier but when i tried to search for it in the page which has the check boxed, in the debug page there is no check box items , so it  can not find the related name

Mip104

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 10:32:03 am »
The sassytoll xml service is due to end , the only thing is the checkbox issue or in other words how to select the identifier in the page

Mip104

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 11:07:00 am »
For the related checkboxes please see the link at
http://www.gotext.org/forum/index.php/topic,1369.msg10205.html#new

Mip104

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 03:43:51 pm »
My problem with check boxes still exists, they are appeared in the debug page and also I don't know how to make them checked through the XML ?
They can be found by "var" command but how to make a check box checked?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 04:23:18 pm by mip104 »

Mip104

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 04:23:00 pm »
I didn't find anything regarding the check boxes in the XML manual in gotext site, can anything be done regarding the checkboxes?

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 06:28:09 pm »
This is not a goText++ Desk! problem, this is an html question  ;)

Checkboxes usually behave like all other HTML input controls.
Say you have a
Code: [Select]
Mark <input type="checkbox" name="friendid" value="Mark" /><br/>
Tom <input type="checkbox" name="friendid" value="Tom" /><br/>
Travis <input type="checkbox" name="friendid" value="Travis" /><br/>

If you select the first two of them, and submit the form, you will have in the post (or get) data like this:
friendid=Mark&friendid=TomThat is, "selected checkbox name=selected checkbox value"...as always!

What's the problem with sassytoll website? There is no name, nor value attributes in those tags...
How can it work like this? This website is ASP.NET based!
This means nothing is straightforward, because when you hit the submit button on a ASP.NET based website there's a script that manipulates data (using dom) and modifies the sent data accordingly.
In this website the checkboxes are sent with the hidden
<input value="{&quot;logEntries&quot;:[],&quot;selectedIndices&quot;:[],&quot;checkedIndices&quot;:[],&quot;scrollPosition&quot;:0}"because the javascript writes the checkboxes you check in selectedIndices and/or checkedIndices (I think the second)...

Websites like this are a big pain for experienced service writers, and I would not write a service for a website like this myself because its a too long work.
I suggest you to leave it alone, it is the worst, longer, tougher, mind cracker website you could choose  :P

Mip104

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 05:53:13 am »
Thanks for your time,If there is any tutorials about this I will be happy if you can introduce it to me, I will try if there is any references are in hand

At least I am happy now that I know a bit in XML :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 06:10:30 am by mip104 »

Mip104

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 06:47:34 am »
Do you think if we have only one person for recipient and by using the check all button we can check the check box ?

<input type="image" name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$btnSelectAll" id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_btnSelectAll" src="../StoragesmsText/images/icons/CheckBoxHS.png" onclick="btnSelectAllOnClientClick(this);" style="border-width:0px;" />

But I think as it is also a java script "onclick" it can not have a value in HTML, am I right?

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
Re: sassytoll.com and <input type=checkbox
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 09:09:54 am »
Update: we've been contacted by Sassytoll admins because they saw a strange amount of errors on their website.
If anyone is still trying to make a Xml Service for it .. please stop trying, as we are officially communicating with them to find the best way to support sassytoll (and related services) in the best possible way.

So please stand by and wait for official news on this topic.

Thank you.

PS: this thread is now closed, you can discuss about sassytoll in the original request thread.