Username: Password:

Author Topic: goText++ Desk! 0.9.3: additional features in services, new features  (Read 6979 times)

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
After months of work I'm proud to show you a new goText++ Desk! version with many important new features including the following: additional features for Xml Services which are not executed during the message send (enabling real delivery reports), new ways to improve data security, midlet-like compression feature for text (completely customizable)...and much more!

Head to the goText++ Desk! homepage to read the full list of changes and download the software.

You'll still need to update all of your services because of some major changes in the service format..don't worry, the application will offer you to do the update automatically!
By the way I've published a totally rewritten Xml Services documentation that is finally 100% complete and also features a cleaner layout.
To all old and new Xml Service writers..Have a nice read! (And trust me, it will be a long read  ;)  )
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:37:44 am by Zydio »

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
Re: goText++ Desk! 0.9.3: additional features in services, new features
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 11:44:33 am »
Notes (in English):
I'm really happy with this release, and I hope you'll like the new features (and I hope that you'll not face any bug).

I know that someone hoped to see a couple of features (eg: address book import-export) which are still missing, but I couldn't find time to write them for this release.
Speaking about time the code for this release was ready two months ago, I've had to delay the release to wait the new translation, and also because I didn't have time to compile and make the packages for all platforms!

Note (in Italiano):
Sono piuttosto soddisfatto di questa versione, e spero che gradirete le nuove funzionalità..oltre che non incontriate nessun bug.

So che qualcuno avrebbe sperato di trovare qualche funzionalità in più (es: importazione-esportazione della rubrica), ma non ho trovato il tempo per includerle in questa release.
Parlando di tempo..il codice per questa versione era pronto già due mesi fa, ma ho dovuto rimandare la pubblicazione per aspettare la nuova traduzione, ma anche perché non ho avuto tempo prima di compilare e realizzare i pacchetti per tutte le piattaforme!

mohammad

• View Profile
    • SMS
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 12:11:28 pm »
Dear Zydio,
If you Make a Convertor for Converting old xml file to new version will be usefull
cheers
Mohammad

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 12:41:34 pm »
Dear Zydio,
If you Make a Convertor for Converting old xml file to new version will be usefull
cheers
Mohammad
All services available here are already converted.
If you wrote other Xml Services please take a look at the Changelog inside the new Xml Service Format Document, it lists all changes from the previous format version to the current one, it will help you to update your services.
Or check the changes of the xml services in svn!

I'm sorry but I don't have time to make a converter, it is not really useful, and by the way changes are enough easy to be manually applied.

PS: this new version includes fixes to servers reporting wrong encoding, which solves the problem with the Persian website you had some months ago!

Mip104

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 07:26:23 pm »
Thanks for the update and the new version, I just downloaded and tested some services, it is great :)

PS: As mohammad also mentioned, the only problem for now is right to left and left to right problem
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 07:31:01 pm by Mip104 »

mohammad

• View Profile
    • SMS
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 08:45:47 am »
Dear Zydio,
Thank you for solving problem "searching Words through Persian Web Sites"
I tested it is working very well.
Cheers