Username: Password:

Author Topic: Create my own service (in Indonesia)  (Read 7754 times)

darko

• View Profile
Create my own service (in Indonesia)
« on: November 14, 2006, 03:22:48 am »
Hi Bluesman,

I like to build my own sms service for goText, I already have Linux Apache Mysql Php (LAMP) server. Could you please tell me step by step to build goText service on my webserver ?

Thanks
darko (darko@unej.ac.id)

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
Re: Create my own service (in Indonesia)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 03:00:34 pm »
Do you want to use an existing service, or create a new one?

If you want to create a new one there is no guide to make it, because there are little rules to let the program interact with the server script. And the internal structure of he server script is up to you, you are free to do as you like.
To start you can download some php scripts fromt he download section to see how we usually solve the common problems (requesting pages,handling responses, handling cookies, finiding confirmation strings,sending login infos,sending message) and reuse parts of the existing script.
To understand the script and be able to do you own you still need to know some PHP, understand html, and have a clue of catching http request/responses and understanding their meaning. If you miss some of this skills it will be really though to impossible for you to do a script, you'd better learn them before :)
If you have the required knowledge and start your script, we can help you to solve specific problems...subscribe to the developer-service mailing list on sourceforge!
Still no guides at the moment, they will come later.

Bye!