Username: Password:

Author Topic: goText 2.2 released  (Read 9890 times)

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
goText 2.2 released
« on: December 26, 2008, 12:21:42 pm »
Our second Christmas present for our dear users is ready: a new release, goText 2.2.

This release includes some often requested new features, and quite a bit of improvements and speed ups.
It has been already tested enough in last months, so this upgrade is suggested to anyone.

If you want to know the full list of changes, or want to comment, please continue reading this news.
This is the full changelog of goText 2.2 :
  • Improved: user interface while writing/sending message
  • Added: list of last 10 sent messages
  • Added: date-time saving to saved messages and sent messages
  • Added: info screen to saved/sent messages to display time of save/sent, recipients and text, in response to message selection, allowing global preview before forwarding message
  • Improved: reduced delay while changing application screens
  • Improved: little faster startup speed
  • Added: option on service list to duplicate a service
  • Added: capatibility to overwrite saved messages
  • Improved: rewrote auto last message saving code
  • Improved: chars counter and automatic substitution code
  • Fixed: wrong remaining sms counter update for services with both daily and monthly counter, and sync
  • Changed: default setting for Char Counter and AutoLastMessageSaver to ON
  • Added: remaining msg count also on "New, Saved, Sent" screen
  • Fixed: loooong msg loading on devices with unlimited upper bound limit for textboxes
  • Changed: Apply on Settings screens brings back to main menu
  • Fixed: empty screen on gprs error when sending messages
  • Improved: specific error for GPRS connection when user don't allow connection

What are you waiting for? Go to the Download page and get it now!

« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 09:38:29 am by Zydio »

i.fingers

• View Profile
Re: goText 2.2 released
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 05:01:18 am »
Great improvement! Able to save 10 last message, very usefull to track back what kind of sms that has sent, thanks to gotext team, but for me i like my personal gotext 2.2 with ipod looks so when you  want to try it you may download it from http://moresms.110mb.com/files/mSMS.jar bravo gotext!.

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 09:39:46 am »
Great improvement! Able to save 10 last message, very usefull to track back what kind of sms that has sent, thanks to gotext team, but for me i like my personal gotext 2.2 with ipod looks so when you  want to try it you may download it from http://moresms.110mb.com/files/mSMS.jar bravo gotext!.
The file that Irfan.pw has posted is a repacked goText 2.2 English with Ipod/phone like icons.
Someone may like it, those icons are better than our tiny ones  ;) ... anyway this is unsupported by the goText team, and unofficial.

i.fingers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 02:13:59 am »
Thank you for gotext team to allow me to repackage it, please do not mad :). yes i like iphone icons because we have no money to buy real iphone.

sroddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 01:22:42 am »
Ottime migliorie, l'unica piccola pecca riguarda la lunghezza del campo del captcha, che per uno dei miei services che sto sviluppando (tagga.com) risulta essere troppo corto (usano recaptcha). è possibile in una futura release aumentare la lunghezza di questo campo?

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 09:01:14 am »
Ottime migliorie, l'unica piccola pecca riguarda la lunghezza del campo del captcha, che per uno dei miei services che sto sviluppando (tagga.com) risulta essere troppo corto (usano recaptcha). è possibile in una futura release aumentare la lunghezza di questo campo?

Certo che è possibile, lo modifico subito nei sorgenti! E la modifica sarà inclusa nella prossima versione di goText, che dovrebbe vedere la luce tra non molto.
Se vuoi ti invio anche una 2.2 modificata con il campo captcha + lungo!

i.fingers

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 11:28:46 pm »
English in international forum please..

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 02:20:33 pm »
English in international forum please..
Well this is the news forum, everyone reads the news in his language (when switching language from the website) and I didn't write rules for this forums, so it is not strange to see non-english language comments.

Anyway it is true that we should try to keep also this forum mainly English only.

A summary of the previous posts: sroddy said he is writing a service for tagga.com and he has problems with gotext captcha text field length, that is too short to fit tagga's capthca image, and asked if we can make it longer.
My answer is that I've already made this change, and it will be part of the next release.