Username: Password:

Author Topic: Did Vyke change something that broke all-vyke.pl ?  (Read 8519 times)

lunatiqfrinj

• View Profile
Did Vyke change something that broke all-vyke.pl ?
« on: April 25, 2008, 12:22:07 pm »
I've been using vyke great for a number of months, and set friends up with it too. Last night, i sent a text with it fine. Today, both me and a friend are persistently getting "Login Error"

Wondering if vyke changed their page code and it broke the gotext script..

alfakir

• View Profile
Re: Did Vyke change something that broke all-vyke.pl ?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 11:29:19 am »
Yes, it's right. if you want to know why it's happened? please contact me in +6281542039918 via sms and calling. I try all-vyke againt and success.

alasdair

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 02:34:45 pm »
I have the same problem, and get the same error message. Will there be an update to all-vyke.pl to get it to work again?

kentchristopher

• View Profile
    • GaiaGeek - The Art of Living Light
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 04:25:19 pm »
I'm having the same problem. Hopefully there will soon be an updated Vyke script, but for now you can use Vyke's software. The java based versions are not readily found on their site, but here are links:

https://www.vyke.com/Callback/Vyke-Lite.jsf

https://www.vyke.com/Callback/Vyke-Pro.jsf

Vyke Pro allows free SMS between other Vyke Pro users if they have the app running.

lunatiqfrinj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 06:30:14 pm »
OK, i took a long look into this and the simple answer is that Vyke have updated their website completely from their old system that uses some kind of service side scripting I dont recognise (.c extension to all the URLs but that could jsut be a fake, standard servlet mapping can map such URLs to proper servlets) and the new website is some flashy Java Server Faces affair with lots and lots of AJAX.

Ugh

Pain in the arse.

So i'm posting now because I need  abit of help. I learned enough Perl to update the script but that isnt the problem! The problem now is coding it up in such a way that the script can fake a login on the website, get the cookie and shend the text..

It's so annoying because the new site looks great; it seems it can accept a text of hundreds and hundreds of characters and Vyke will split it correctly and add all the UDF needed to amke the phone reassemble it in one piece instead of us having to submit 3x texts manually split with 1/3 2/3 3/3 text at the start.. But the problem is working the new site programmatically. I've done  alot of investigation into the POST data that is being sent back and forth, but one serious obstacle to it is that it is ALL https now, so i cant packetsniff the exact data that needs to be exchanged because it's encrypted. Instead I wrote a program that uses Microsoft's HttpWebRequest wrapper, in order to understand what POST data I'll have to quote in order to login, get the cookie and send the text. I also instaled HttpWatch and observed how IE does a successfull login..

Now my problem, though I can send the POST data to the site in the same way the AJAX does in order to get the login float-over to appear, I have not succeeded in getting the relevant post data needed to log in. I can get the cookie (the session is started as soon as you go to vyke's site) and submit the necessary data to reveal the login screen (and I dont know if its necessary or not, but its a good test that my app works) but can I get it to log in? no way.. It's being very very difficult..

So i'm asking for some help with it, if any of you here are willing to lend a hand.

There is another option I have not yet explored in that I might be able to either
a) pull Vyke-Lite apart, if it's not too obfuscated
b) conenct my phone through my pc and run a packet sniffer on the PC to watch what the phone is doing and replicate it

Vyke-Lite might hold the answers here, and I'll turn my attention to that if the web route fails.. But in the meantime, is anyone up for helping out with investigating the website and how to manipualte it programmatically? I dont really need people who are enthusiastic but not knowledgeable of this kind of thing; I dont want to sound harsh but if you wouldnt know how to investigate what happens when IE posts to a website in order that it can be replicated in script, then you arent going to be able to help much regardless of how enthusiatic you are..

If I get it figured out (not much time a tthe mo) you guys will be the first to knoiw.. well, zydio and blues will be so that they can make the updated script live, of course.. but.. youre high up the chain. :)

lunatiqfrinj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 09:19:44 am »
OK, i've had some success logging in with the new Vyke website which means i SHOULD be able to fix the script :)

Got some bad news for you though.. I dont think you can fake your sender ID any more.. it shows on the website as a label but it isnt posted from the user browser any more, so it's not possible to set your Nick in gotext to some other number; the number you register with Vyke is the number that is sent in the FROM field of the sms.

The good news is now that Vyke handles message splitting itself and so all you need to do with gotext is write a really long message and submit it. it wont arrive in 3 parts any more, it will arrive as one, and the message length is very high.. i just sent a 10 part message (it cost 20 us cents) fine, so i'll look to change the script to cater for this new functionality.. Hopefully i can finish it tonight

White_Tiger

• Global Moderator
  • ...non sò cosa sò, ma certamente sò cosa non sò...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 03:30:47 pm »
excuse me for my english T_T

the service Vyke.com is update, but is very simple for now:

http://www.gotext.org/cgi-bin/all-vyke.py

parameters:
number format: +XX XXXXXXXXXXXX or XX XXXXXXXXXXXX
text length max 160 chr

accept prefix number only 2 chr: +XX or XX and not +X or X or +XXX or XXX

when I have time i change this.

my english is very very merd T_T T_T T_T

White_Tiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 09:21:04 pm »
Update the script vyke

http://www.gotext.org/cgi-bin/all-vyke.pl
or

- support max 4 sms (split sms)
- no nick change (sorry T_T)
- prefix international automatic but not all T_T

W gotext e la sua forza....

enggariel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 12:01:07 am »
OK...thankz mr White...

but have you updated the service source code in sourceForge download? i very need it...I need for learn how to post data in AJAX..

and...can we send  fake SMS with vyke ?

thankz ..

Sorry, my english is very bad..

White_Tiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 10:34:37 am »
- no sorry not fake sms
- no update sourceforge.net

White_Tiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 12:03:38 pm »
update vyke script with multi sender for now 3 recipient....

or

alasdair

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 06:40:18 pm »
thanks for the new vyke script! It's great to have it working again.

lunatiqfrinj

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 08:45:34 pm »
Ha ha, looks like we worked on it at the same time because I also wrote a script for Vyke, using Perl.. I dropped it off with Zydio and he said he's gonna tell you to take a look at it.. So any comments or questions about it, feel free to ask away...

I dunno how much testing and checking you did, but I'd like to see your script to see if you picked up anything i missed, or of I picked up anything you missed..

Cheers
LF

lunatiqfrinj

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 08:49:02 pm »
Note that I'm waiting on Vyke to get back to me about a support ticket I raised where the txts from VykeLite are coming through from sender +4477777 all the time, so once they fix that, i'd really like to see if we can convert these scripts to use the suite of URLs that the phones use, rather than hitting vyke website direct, cause with all that new ajax rubbish it's making for a monster bandwisth usage!