Username: Password:

Author Topic: Voipcheap.com charging for goText SMS that should be free  (Read 20224 times)

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
Re: Voipcheap.com charging for goText SMS that should be free
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 10:45:51 am »

kentchristopher ha scritto:
Is downloading the script simply a matter of right-clicking and doing Save As on the link below?

http://www.gotext.org/cgi-bin/all-betamax.pl

I ask because I did this and looked at the file, and it doesn't seem to contain much except the text below:

3Put number in international format!
example : +391234567890

Thanks,

Kent

No, right click and "save as" on the following link to download the script: http://gotext.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/gotext/services/perl/all-betamax.pl

(you can find all script sources on our SVN, you can browse it also via web from here: http://gotext.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gotext/services/ ).

Bye!

kentchristopher

• View Profile
    • GaiaGeek - The Art of Living Light
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 04:01:41 pm »
Some feedback...

I downloaded the all-betamax.pl file and placed it on my server (uploaded as ASCII, changed file permissions). I was able to get the script to work, though I did have to add a } to line 135 of the script in order for it to work with goText.

However, when I tried actually sending an SMS, I received the GPRS connection error. I then tried it with the script on the goText server and it worked fine, so it obviously has something to do with the script being modified (which it seems I had to do) or with it being on my server.

Fortunately, the SMS that was sent using the goText server went through as Free.

alasdair

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 11:39:59 pm »

kentchristopher wrote:
Some feedback...

I downloaded the all-betamax.pl file and placed it on my server (uploaded as ASCII, changed file permissions). I was able to get the script to work, though I did have to add a } to line 135 of the script in order for it to work with goText.

Are you sure that you should close the bracket on line 135? I don't have time to look at the script code, but in a previous post on this thread, I said that I added a right bracket on line 69, and the all-betamax.pl file has been working on my server for over a month. That may be your problem.

Running the file on my server, I seem to get 10-12 free sms per week before betamax start to charge. The exact cut off point seems arbitrary, but I get more free texts than I did when I ran the script on the gotext server. Even when I do get charged, it's much cheaper than the 20 cents/sms that o2 charge in Germany.

Tigerix

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 04:56:14 pm »
Hi,

I would like to enhance the all-betamax.pl script, so it supports multiple recipients and text parts.

Which of the scripts on the server contain such a funtionality, so I can get inspired how the API works?

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 03:48:08 pm »

Tigerix ha scritto:
Hi,

I would like to enhance the all-betamax.pl script, so it supports multiple recipients and text parts.

Which of the scripts on the server contain such a funtionality, so I can get inspired how the API works?

Perl script doing such things are the O2 Ireland (all-o2.pl) script (for the text parts) and the vyke.pl one.

And if you need some other support or clarification..feel free to ask!