Username: Password:

Author Topic: Zydio, Bluesman, anyone...  (Read 11798 times)

lunatiqfrinj

• View Profile
Zydio, Bluesman, anyone...
« on: May 11, 2008, 01:51:28 am »
Hi guys

I've learned perl (heh) and fixed the all-vyke.pl so that it is sending messages again, but I dont have an SVN client or access to the gotext.org web server to put it live, so i've attached it to this post in a passworded zip so you can:

a) check it works, and the response messages arent too long (i made them more informative)
b) check it's not going to format your server hard disk (it wont, but hey.. i'm a stranger so be suspicious? ;) )
c) make it go!! (because I'm getting a lot of nagging from my foreign women.. er.. i mean friends :) )

I passworded the file so robots cant rip the email address out of it.. The archive password is Natale Vinto's email address (all lowercase, everything between < > in the original all-vyke.pl...)

Change log:

#--------------------------------------------------
#Changes in this version by Matt (2008-05-10-2214):

# Well, it's fixed, that's the biggie ;)
# Nick support is removed because Vyke dropped it. Now you have to verify your number and
#   Vyke use that as the "FROM" number in all cases
# Upped the message length to 1530 characters.. Maybe that's longer than goText can do?
# Dropped support for splitting long messages up at our end - Vyke now do this auto and
#   whats better is they dont arrive as 10 separate messages, because Vyke make UDF heads
# Expanded the list of characters that are replaced with normal boring ASCII ones

Hope you can put this live soon guys, i miss my gotext and Vyke-Lite sucks!

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
Re: Zydio, Bluesman, anyone...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 02:22:18 pm »

lunatiqfrinj ha scritto:
Hi guys

I've learned perl (heh) and fixed the all-vyke.pl so that it is sending messages again, but I dont have an SVN client or access to the gotext.org web server to put it live, so i've attached it to this post in a passworded zip so you can:

a) check it works, and the response messages arent too long (i made them more informative)
b) check it's not going to format your server hard disk (it wont, but hey.. i'm a stranger so be suspicious? ;) )
c) make it go!! (because I'm getting a lot of nagging from my foreign women.. er.. i mean friends :) )

I passworded the file so robots cant rip the email address out of it.. The archive password is Natale Vinto's email address (all lowercase, everything between < > in the original all-vyke.pl...)

Change log:

#Changes in this version by Matt (2008-05-10-2214):

# Well, it's fixed, that's the biggie ;)
# Nick support is removed because Vyke dropped it. Now you have to verify your number and
#   Vyke use that as the "FROM" number in all cases
# Upped the message length to 1530 characters.. Maybe that's longer than goText can do?
# Dropped support for splitting long messages up at our end - Vyke now do this auto and
#   whats better is they dont arrive as 10 separate messages, because Vyke make UDF heads
# Expanded the list of characters that are replaced with normal boring ASCII ones

Hope you can put this live soon guys, i miss my gotext and Vyke-Lite sucks!

Whow that's nice! I've seen it only now, and it seems that our good friend White Tiger also fixed the script, but it misses some features of yours (long message if I'm not wrong)...I'll tell him about your work and maybe he will merge the 2 scripts.

Thank you, and I hope to see other services "made in lunatiqfrinj" soon!  :-)

lunatiqfrinj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 09:08:02 pm »
Ya, tell him I wanna have a look at his script too.. See if I can learn anything about perl and also if I have any comments on how he did things..

Vyke messed around quite a lot so there were quite a lot of changes needed, like big list of all the international numbers and the banned texts.. I wonder if the browser in the phone sends an Accept: header so the script can change language depending.. Hmm, probably..

Anyways, looking forward to you getting both the scripts up and into sourceforge so I can check them out. Tell Tiger to PM me if he wants my msn messenger or something..

LF

lunatiqfrinj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 10:40:44 am »
Here is a small update to the alll-vyke2.pl script (as it is now known) by me:

#Changes in this version by Matt (2008-05-30-1453):

# Script now sends back the tag with the current credit in it. It is not quite a
#  counter of messages remaining, because that would involve exchange rates lookup and
#  stuff, it's just the credit of the account. At the end of the day the result is the
#  same: you can tell when your balance is low, no matter what currency you use
# Changed some error numbers in response messages, so not everything is a "website error"

Password is the last 5 letters of my forum name, lunatiq_____

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 08:54:56 am »

lunatiqfrinj ha scritto:
Here is a small update to the alll-vyke2.pl script (as it is now known) by me:

#Changes in this version by Matt (2008-05-30-1453):

# Script now sends back the tag with the current credit in it. It is not quite a
#  counter of messages remaining, because that would involve exchange rates lookup and
#  stuff, it's just the credit of the account. At the end of the day the result is the
#  same: you can tell when your balance is low, no matter what currency you use
# Changed some error numbers in response messages, so not everything is a "website error"

Password is the last 5 letters of my forum name, lunatiq_____

Update is now online, thanks!

lunatiqfrinj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 02:26:07 am »
Another update, as detailed in the "Vyke I dislike you..." thread, Vyke changed their website again. This update fixes that.. Sorry it comes so soon after the last one..

Archive password is first 4 letters of my forum name ____tiqfrinj

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 12:55:29 pm »

lunatiqfrinj ha scritto:
Another update, as detailed in the "Vyke I dislike you..." thread, Vyke changed their website again. This update fixes that.. Sorry it comes so soon after the last one..

Archive password is first 4 letters of my forum name ____tiqfrinj

This new updated is already online, always at the same url!

Thanks!

lunatiqfrinj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 10:45:38 am »
(deleted)

lunatiqfrinj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 10:46:24 am »
Minor update. I coded in a small advice if the message used characters that made it more expensive to send, but I forgot to put CR and LF in the check, so any message that contains CR or LF is warned tha tit was more expensive (when it isnt)

This version fixes that.. its a very minor update though so no need to rush to make it live. I also obscured the email addresses in the pl file so it can be posted without password.. Spam robots shouldnt see the emails now..

I'd like some help with i18n but i'll make a separate thread for that

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 08:25:10 am »

lunatiqfrinj ha scritto:
Minor update. I coded in a small advice if the message used characters that made it more expensive to send, but I forgot to put CR and LF in the check, so any message that contains CR or LF is warned tha tit was more expensive (when it isnt)

This version fixes that.. its a very minor update though so no need to rush to make it live. I also obscured the email addresses in the pl file so it can be posted without password.. Spam robots shouldnt see the emails now..

I'd like some help with i18n but i'll make a separate thread for that

Update done!

lunatiqfrinj

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 11:22:07 am »
OK, vyke.com youre officially getting annoying now. This update fixes the latest problem

#Changes in this version by Matt (2008-06-26-1058):

# Vyke changed the name of "loginForm" to "loginPopupForm". This is getting tiresome

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 12:42:46 pm »
LOL

I've updated the script on goText server right now!  :-)