Username: Password:

Author Topic: Betamax (All)  (Read 7924 times)

Tigerix

• View Profile
Betamax (All)
« on: May 15, 2008, 06:24:50 pm »
Hi,

because the old  thread became really hard to read, I started this new one.

There are some good news guys! :)
You may have already noticed that sending text messages with special characters is not an issue anymore...
Thats because Betamax has finally implemented the default HTML URL encoding. Which solves special character issues as follows in this example:
äöüÄÖÜß --> %E4%F6%FC%C4%D6%DC%DF
So, as far as I am concerned all the past accent issues discribed in the old thread are history :)

Now a short comment on the Website Error message, which appears most of the time, when sending text messages via GoText and Betamax:

I have found the following entry in the Changelog of the OpenSource BetamaxSMS J2ME application:
2008/02/20 1.5.0 Richie B.
* Assume failure:error really means success

So the conclusion is that these 2 messages mean that the message has been sent!
1  0 failure  error
1  1 success

Please change the code of this script: Bluesman, Zydio and all other developers:
all-betamax.pl

Thanks very much!
Cheers, Tigerix.

PS: Are there any plans for adding multipage texts and multiple recipients to the script yet? Please, please, begging ;)

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
Re: Betamax (All)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 09:43:00 am »

Tigerix ha scritto:
Hi,

because the old  thread became really hard to read, I started this new one.

There are some good news guys! :)
You may have already noticed that sending text messages with special characters is not an issue anymore...
Thats because Betamax has finally implemented the default HTML URL encoding. Which solves special character issues as follows in this example:
äöüÄÖÜß --> %E4%F6%FC%C4%D6%DC%DF
So, as far as I am concerned all the past accent issues discribed in the old thread are history :)

Good to hear that!

Now a short comment on the Website Error message, which appears most of the time, when sending text messages via GoText and Betamax:

I have found the following entry in the Changelog of the OpenSource BetamaxSMS J2ME application:
2008/02/20 1.5.0 Richie B.
* Assume failure:error really means success

So the conclusion is that these 2 messages mean that the message has been sent!
1  0 failure  error
1  1 success

Please change the code of this script: Bluesman, Zydio and all other developers:
all-betamax.pl

Thanks very much!
Cheers, Tigerix.

PS: Are there any plans for adding multipage texts and multiple recipients to the script yet? Please, please, begging ;)

Mmh, it seems like so. But...how to check for a REAL error? Does the website  returns another kind of error string? The app you pointed out uses a plain "else" to handle errors, so it is unclear if really exist another string to check for error!

Anyway I have no betamax account you will have to wait for Bluesman. But we first need an answer to my question!!

Tigerix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 02:17:10 pm »

Mmh, it seems like so. But...how to check for a REAL error? Does the website returns another kind of error string? The app you pointed out uses a plain "else" to handle errors, so it is unclear if really exist another string to check for error!

Anyway I have no betamax account you will have to wait for Bluesman. But we first need an answer to my question!!
Zydio wrote:

Well. I don't know any other status code. Maybe there is a "0 0" code?
But most important: When one of the mentioned 2 status codes is returned, then it is listed in the recent calls page on the betamax account and money drawn if the sms wasn't a free one.

Bluesman: Do you have some time for the things mentioned in this thread? Thanks very much in advance :)

Michael Sorokin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 11:35:03 am »
When I am using browser URL link I also see "1  0 failure  error" and SMS successfully archive recipient and I see this SMS im my Betamax account....