Username: Password:

Author Topic: Greece settings  (Read 8545 times)

mixalis

• View Profile
Greece settings
« on: June 22, 2008, 09:04:07 am »
Which are the settings that I should make in order to send cheap sms or mms via gprs ?

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
Re: Greece settings
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 05:32:30 pm »
You have to register on one of the SMS websites supported by goText via configuration, then add that service to goText, fill in your login details to that service, and write your messages.

But you also need to correctly configure your mobile phone's connection profile for internet (or java apps, depending on model) to your mobile operator's GPRS settings.
And you have to make sure that you are using a GPRS Internet APN (access point) for your operator, NOT the WAP one (because it's usually more expensive!).

mixalis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 07:36:07 am »
thank you for the information but can you tell me which site do you think that is better
(for greece) and how can i register to the otenet (Greece) www.gotext.org/cgi-bin/gr-otenet.pl ? the regester is free ? what is the site in order to make the registration ? And after this , i have nokia E65 . do you know for this mobile phone what settings should i change ands how ? I know that i make many questions but i think that it is a litle bit strange the all process and i try with some of friends and we do not know what to do .
thank you in advance .

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 08:26:52 am »

mixalis ha scritto:
thank you for the information but can you tell me which site do you think that is better
(for greece) and how can i register to the otenet (Greece)

Mmmh, I don't know!
I know that Cosmote mobile operator users can use the cosmote script: www.gotext.org/cgi-bin/gr-cosmote.pl
The Vyke pay service also is great for the whole world, I believe also for Greece.

www.gotext.org/cgi-bin/gr-otenet.pl ? the regester is free ?

I really don't know, I can't read greek, and I don't remember who wrote the script, sorry.

what is the site in order to make the registration ? And after this , i have nokia E65 . do you know for this mobile phone what settings should i change ands how ?

Mobile phone settings are strictly dependent on your mobile operator, so you should read you mobile operator website for internet gprs configuration help, or search for the same information (always for your specifc operator) on google.

I know that i make many questions but i think that it is a litle bit strange the all process and i try with some of friends and we do not know what to do .
thank you in advance .

Don't worry, we know that it is a little difficult to get started for new users!
We are also thinking on how to make something to give better infos to new users to help them without the need to search for infos and ask questions, we hope to have some good idea soon ;-)

Bye!