Username: Password:

Author Topic: gotext server  (Read 8719 times)

i.fingers

• View Profile
gotext server
« on: September 11, 2008, 11:19:55 pm »
I want to make my own gotext server at my own hosting that support perl, just for backup if the original gotext server busy. Is it able or not? If able how to begin? I mean where i should downloading the script, (i see in the svn section but i dont understand), and where i should put it. Or may be better if gotext developer that give us (gotext user at south east asia) closed server, at singapore may be, surely i dont know is it will boost up my gotext speed or not, please explain. Sorry for my bad english,

egosum

• View Profile
Re: gotext server
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 08:38:12 am »
First of all you need a server.
If you don't know which to choose, try x10hosting.com (choose an ad-free plan).
Anyway make sure the server is able to run perl and php code.

You can download all the sources from here:
http://gotext.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gotext/services/
Actually not all of them: they take a bit to update the svn. If you can't find one, just hunt up in the forum.

note: some servers need to be set up to run all the code you need, for security issues, some other simply don't allow you at all.

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 10:34:14 am »
Hi Irfan.pw, you can follow egosum's direction.
If you buy a server hosting plan, if the hosting server is good you can gain something in sending performance.
If you mainly use one of the 2 singapore services it would be better if you can put the script on a server located in Singapore, you can have a big performance improvement.

i.fingers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 10:40:28 pm »
I have tried using wadja php script and i put it in my free hosting 110mb.com its work (and fast responding), but its script has expired because the recent script for wadja is perl and python. And badly my free hosting doesnt support it. I have searching other host that free including what egosum said at x10hosting.com (i can,t register because some erorr in their page) and still doesn,t find yet. Maybe there is someone who give me  un use hosting at 110mb.com that support perl/python. :)