Username: Password:

Author Topic: mjoy [unlimited/credits]: to Worldwide numbers  (Read 81377 times)

coolzero

• http://nicogaul.blogspot.com and www.nabrak.biz.tm
    • View Profile
    • Free Sms
Re: mjoy [100 sms/day]: to Worldwide numbers
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 11:28:27 am »
Mjoy can delivered to telkomsel gsm in indonesia.

bindman@yuurok.com

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 05:34:16 am »
Duh? Thier limit is, when u sendng a msg frm a numbr, u can only red 30charz bc0z the wh0le txt msg s u must nid t0 drect t0 their site, t0 get the wh0le, plus u can send 40msg t0 a number,unles she/he replied frm d url given

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
    • goText++ Desk! homepage
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 09:05:19 am »
Duh? Thier limit is, when u sendng a msg frm a numbr, u can only red 30charz bc0z the wh0le txt msg s u must nid t0 drect t0 their site, t0 get the wh0le, plus u can send 40msg t0 a number,unles she/he replied frm d url given
Some days ago the limit of characters on a single message was 78. Now it has been reduced?
And what about this 40 msg limit? You can send  more than 40 message a day (or in general?) to a number, only if that number uses the url in the received messages to reply?

hellyes

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 02:33:29 am »
I think they're talking about the message counter, it starts with 100 right? Then as you text, of course it decreases, some say that when the counter reaches below 50, they get the signalling limit warning already. And about the characters, I have experienced this, my message would split into two parts and then the 2nd part won't send anymore and even if I go to mjoy site, I can only see the 1st part of my message.

jericjed

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 05:33:17 am »
I'm having problems with mjoy today... I keep getting a "website error". Anybody experiencing this as well?

jericjed

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 05:34:55 am »
I'm having problems with mjoy today... I keep getting a "website error". Anybody experiencing this as well?

hellyes

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 07:03:09 am »
yup, I've been experiencing that as well. But I can still send messages on mjoy's site. Maybe a script update is needed?

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 02:58:54 pm »
yup, I've been experiencing that as well. But I can still send messages on mjoy's site. Maybe a script update is needed?
I can confirm that now there's a problem, they changed something in the website, and I need to update the script.
I don't know if I'll be able to fix soon, I have yet to understand where's the problem.

Bye

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 09:47:30 pm »
Sorry guys there is no real change on their website, mjoy has blocked goText on purpose.

They added one check only to block goText script (maybe because they thought it was a spam client?), and this was easy to overcome once found.

The bad news is that they are also blocking requests coming from gotext server. This means that the script on our server will not work anymore (until they decide to un-ban our server, something that I think it's not likely to happen).

So sad to say now this service is KO for the time being (and there is nothing we can do about it).

Now I'm thinking...how many Indonesian are using goText, and how much messages you were sending daily that mjoy banned us?  :o

hellyes

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009, 01:21:51 am »
This is such a bad news. Gotext makes it so much easier to use mjoy. I can't believe they're banning gotext!

coolzero

• View Profile
    • Free Sms
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 04:04:51 am »

Sorry guys there is no real change on their website, mjoy has blocked goText on purpose.

They added one check only to block goText script (maybe because they thought it was a spam client?), and this was easy to overcome once found.

The bad news is that they are also blocking requests coming from gotext server. This means that the script on our server will not work anymore (until they decide to un-ban our server, something that I think it's not likely to happen).

So sad to say now this service is KO for the time being (and there is nothing we can do about it).

Now I'm thinking...how many Indonesian are using goText, and how much messages you were sending daily that mjoy banned us?  :o
if gotext script add in another server can it work? You can pm me to send the script,and i will add to my hosting

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2009, 08:37:53 am »
if gotext script add in another server can it work? You can pm me to send the script,and i will add to my hosting

If put on another hosting it can work.
But they will almost likely ban also the other server in a few days.

Anyway I'll put the script sources on the SVN in a few days, 2 weeks at maximum, so please stay tuned.

ragazzi

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 11:06:21 am »
Hi all.

Yes, that's what I think, too.

Put it on a different server and this machine's IP will be the next one that is banned.
This is likely to happen, since the mjoy service is ad funded (as the terms and conditions clearly state).

That means that every message they send on behalf of a user, will cost real money.
The ads displayed on the user interface are a means of refinanciating these costs.

If you use a script to access this service, obviously this is all circumvented.
More precisely:
Using a script in order to send SMS for free instead of the intended user interface is not what is referred to in the conditions as "fair use" and therefore they reserve the right to block it.

IMHO this is a foreseeable and acceptable attitude.
What do you think?

Zydio

• Administrator
  • goText++ Desk! author
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 11:15:29 am »
Hi all.

Yes, that's what I think, too.

Put it on a different server and this machine's IP will be the next one that is banned.
That's exactly what I meant.
For this reason I think you, Indonesian friends, shouldn't put on your server, because it will be banned really soon.

This is likely to happen, since the mjoy service is ad funded (as the terms and conditions clearly state).

That means that every message they send on behalf of a user, will cost real money.
The ads displayed on the user interface are a means of refinanciating these costs.

If you use a script to access this service, obviously this is all circumvented.
More precisely:
Using a script in order to send SMS for free instead of the intended user interface is not what is referred to in the conditions as "fair use" and therefore they reserve the right to block it.
Many things are not really compliant to terms and conditions when using websites in everyday life, some of this uses are still acceptable for some websites, were they are not for others, and this is the case of Mjoy.

IMHO this is a foreseeable and acceptable attitude.
What do you think?
As for the things you mentioned, I think we can't do anything but respect their will.
And I think that their will has been expressed enough clearly with this "ban"  :P

coolzero

• View Profile
    • Free Sms
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 01:26:23 pm »
Mjoy was work fine now! On their website.Please repair the script.Thanks before